Re: printer setup

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 10:57 -0400, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> > IIRC cups by default does not accept root for administration.
>
> Really?  Mine does.  When I open "Common UNIX Printing System 1.2.7"
> page at http://localhost:631, it states quite clearly:
>
> If you are asked for a username and password, enter your login username
> and password or the "root" username and password.
>
> Mark

Correct.  I did say "IIRC"--and could not find any backup when I went
back to check it later.   :)

Anyway, the lpadmin group bypasses any potential problems in using root
anyway, and he won't have to think twice about it later.

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than