Re: ntp and evolution - configuration problems?

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:52:34 -0400
"Brent Bailey" <bailey.brent.a@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some problems with processes not being able to connect to the
> internet.  I have a ntp daemon running, but when I try to syncronize
> with an internet clock I get the following error message:
>
> NTP support is not installed.
>
> Please install and activate NTP support in the system to enable
> synchronization of your local time server with Internet time servers.

Check if the ntpd daemon is running!

ps -e |grep ntpd

If it isn't (I bet it isn't), you can start it simply by ntpd as root.

> Also, I cannot send and recieve from evolution for my gmail account.
> I have the POP and SMTP options the same in my notebook which is
> running Ubuntu, and it works fine.

And what error messages do you get?

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.

Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
http://www.bluebottle.com