Re: hotplugging ide harddrive

On 06/04/07 16:36, Andrew J. Barr wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:51:42 -0500

On 06/04/07 11:24, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
Any drive, any laptop. I think ACPI supports IDE hotswap.
Interesting.  I don't plan on getting any arrows in my back, though!

I'd feel more comfortable hotswapping SATA drives, though, since it uses more SCSI code, and scan-scsi-bus.sh might pick it up.

And so does absolutely everything as soon as libata goes mainstream.
The notion of /dev/hd* will be dead forever. It's already in mainline
kernels, I guess most distributions must turn it off by default...

You must not have installed Debian in a while! (That's a good thing...) For almost 2 years (probably more), all SATA devices have been sd.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA