Have mplayer-586, but need to install mozilla-mplayer

I did a etch upgrade today -- went reasonably smoothly.

I have mplayer-586 installed and it works fine.  But, during the
upgrade I lost mozilla-mplayer so can no longer play media in the web
browser.

Trying to install mozilla-player I get:

moseley@laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install mozilla-mplayer
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  mplayer

So, seems like mozilla-player would depend on mozilla and mplayer, but
it seems that mplayer-586, which I have installed, doesn't meet the
that requirement.

Is that a packaging bug?

--
Bill Moseley