Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.

Cassiano Bertol Leal wrote:
> I'm sorry, mate. But not everyone in this list and/or using Debian is
> from the USNA.

   Semi-touche'.  I pointed in particular to our politics so no one
would think I was denigrating anyone else's.

> Well, that may seem weird to you, but there *are* real politicians and
> politics and *real democracy*

   True.  Some of them are even over here in the land of the Bush league.

> in some places around the world, where these words do not necessarily
> mean something bad.

   Also true.  But Mr. Ferrier was using `politics' in a way suggesting
he meant to be derogatory.

> To be honest, you don't even have to think about governments to think
> about politics. There is politics everywhere.

   Which is why I said ``This is politics at its best[.]''  I was
pointing out that `politics' is not necessarily a dirty word, and since
ISTM that he was using it as such, I was asking for clarification.

> There is nothing negative about political decisions (unless they *are*
> bad decisions -- and even that is relative). Especially when they were
> actually put to vote.

   Aye---that is what I was trying to say.  Thanks for the chance to let
me say it better.

--
	    Best wishes,

	    	 Max Hyre