Re: File Notes

On 06/01/07 05:14, Deboo ^ wrote:
On 6/1/07, Manon Metten <manon.metten@gmail.com> wrote:

That's my note on the File Notes theme.

Greetings, Manon.

Thank you for the very nice review of file notes. I wish this kinda
thing was there in one of the Linux FS. I do this kinda thing manually
when creating a file or a directory. I make a eradme.txt in every
directory where I put info about the directory and about each file I
create, be it notes or scripts or whatever.

File notes seems awesome and this facility should have existed in
every Linux/Unix FS. Strange it's not there!

Extended Attributes might be what you are looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_attribute#Linux
http://acl.bestbits.at/man/man.shtml
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/attr

--