Re: FireFox slowness

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:57:43AM +0200, Jostein Elvaker Haande wrote:

> I have about ~20 or so plug-ins installed, all running simultaneously
> without problems of any sort. Speed is good, and there's no latency in
> terms of closing down tabs, even when I have like ~30 active tabs with
> mixed content (some of these with rather heavy pages). When I close a
> tab, the tab just closes and the next tab is given focus with great
> ease. What sort of plug-ins are you using? Are you for instance running a
> lot of similar plug-ins, especially those that deal with tab preferences,
> you might have conflicting plug-ins installed.

It isn't just tab closings that are the problem.  Loading a page freezes the
program (all tabs) for up to one minute(!) until the load and rendering are
complete.

Actually, I just uninstalled three plugins and everything seems to be
dramatically faster.  I may have been right in my initial guess.

As for alternative browsers, I rather like Galeon and Konqueror, but I'd
miss the plugins.  Adblock in particular makes many sites bearable.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!