Re: KDE bug

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 12:21 +0200, Robert Heel wrote:
> I would like to write a bugreport, but I don't know which package is
> responsible for.
>
> If you have configured a large background image in KDE (Debian etch), on
> slow machines the error message(s) "The process for the ... protocol
> died unexpectedly" appears on startup. (See also
> http://www.kde-forum.org/thread.php?postid=63578 )

In this case it seems to be a bug not specific to the debian package,
but for upstream KDE. I suggest reporting it directly to the upstream
developers.

You could also report it to the correct Debian package afterwards, and
mark it as forwarded[0], it will lighten the load on the maintainers.

0. http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson