Re: Extracting WAD files from Ultimate_Doom.exe under Linux

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 04:16 -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:
> I just purchased the registered version of Doom (Ultimate_Doom.exe), and
> I want to start playing the game, but there is a problem--I'm a Linux user.
>
> I was able to play the shareware Doom episode using prboom and freedoom,
> so I know Doom can work on Linux. I just need to get the WAD files
> extracted from the executable ultimate_doom.exe. How can I do this?

That might be a self-extracting zip file. If so, you should be able to
extract it as any other zip file using unzip or similar tools. Otherwise
you might need to use Wine to run the installer and extract the files.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson