Re: how to make a symlink

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 10:11:40PM +0100, somethin2cool wrote:
not using Gnome or KDE, I seem to be mising some basic features (like search). One of these is the ability to make links to files. I want to make a link to seamoney, which has not registered as a browser, nor has it registered a command. Thus putting a symlink to seamonkey in bin ought to suffice until I learn more.

what do you mean it hasn't registered a command? if you type seamonkey in a terminal, does it work?
or are you talking about your menus?

you're using xfce right? you can edit the menus in
X->xfce->settings->menu editor.
or are you trying to put button on your taskbar? Your question is not
clear.

As ALWAYS, I mean exactly what I say, and not something similar.

Typing seamonkey in terminal does nothing:

bash: seamonkey: command not found

I know there is a menu editor. In it is a single reference to include 'system' which is not much help, and I cannot find the file it is talking about. Although I am close (not that I have installed a search program - Catfish)

No I am not trying to put a button on my task bar, and yes I know how to do that.

I have added seamonkey as my prefered browser, but making symlinks is still going to be something I need to know.

And while we're at things which are impossible to find out, I need to know how to mount a logical partition. (currently the only partition in an extended partition I would describe as sda4)