Re: Sarge Update Problem

Hello

Brandon B (<regexes@googlemail.com>) wrote:

> Hopefully someone can help here...
>
> I'm on an R50e Thinkpad with Sarge installed.
>
> I ran an upgrade (note: upgrade not dist-upgrade). Something strange
> happened.
> The file /etc/debian-release states 4.0 now.
>
> In my /etc/apt/apt.conf I had the following entry:
> APT::Default-Release "sarge";

As far as I know you cannot pin to codenames. Run

apt-cache policy libc6

If your setting works, the version from sarge has a priority of 990. If
it is 500, your setting was ignored because it is invalid, and you
partially upgraded to etch. In that case, read the Etch release notes
to complete your upgrade, or reinstall Sarge.

> [...]
> xlibmesa-glu: Depends: xfree86-common but it is not installable
> Conflicts: libglu1 which is a virtual package.
> libglu1-mesa: Conflicts: libglu1 which is a virtual package.
> ******

The Etch release notes have some info on this problem.

regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976