Re: incorrect times displayed

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:02:26 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> OK, now I see that my previous messages were unclear. You should try it
> like this:
>
> hwclock --directisa --show
> hwclock --directisa --set --date="23 Apr 2007 13:06:46"
>
> Adding HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa" to /etc/default/rcS means that this
> option is used when hwclock is called during boot-up and shutdown, but
> it has no influence if you run the command directly.

Those commands were successful.  At the moment, I think I have the problem
fixed.  I had a little trouble with ntpd, but it kicked in when I stopped and
restarted it.  Then I set the hardware clock with:

  hwclock --directisa --hctosys

It appears that this happens normally in /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh, which had
the empty assignment

  HWCLOCKPARS=

I have switched this to

  HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa"

It may be this needs to be set in hwclock.sh, not in /etc/default/rcS.  I'll
keep an eye on things.  Thanks for your help.