Re: grep | sed do not function inline?

Hi all,

To Tyler: no the other difference is that if I let it run, the lines
will appear when the file is filled. tail-f will follow it. And that's
actually the part I'm interested in, not in the last 10 lines, but in
the lines that will be added afterward.

To Mike: I have tried with this --line-buffered switch of grep, but it
was not better. But maybe again I didn't wait long enough... ah this
time I waited long enough, ok, that was it thanks !

And to Mike and Nicholas: yes you're right sed could do the job alone, I forgot.

Thanks for the quick answers,
Tudi.