Re: Fullscreen on dual monitors

Hans du Plooy wrote:
8< snip
Now this is where I would normally stop thinking it can't be done without
changing my xorg setup, but if I play a movie with mplayer in full screen,
it goes fullscreen on only one screen.  I can specify -vo x11 or -vo xv
they all do the same.
<fx> thread jacks</fx>
When you do this does one of your screens shimmer?
I've got a Radeon 9250 that exhibits this irritating behavior.
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/browse_frm/thread/2a4967d064187dcf/05166031bebef209

So is there a way to restrict one application to only one physical screen?

Sorry, don't know, with video overlay you can control which screen it works on with
       Option "OverlayOnCRTC2" "true"
in your xorg.conf despite this quote from the RADEON driver man page
"the option OverlayOnCRTC2 has been replaced by the Xv attribute XV_SWITCHCRT; the overlay can be switched to CRT1 or CRT2 on the fly in clone mode" I've never got XV_SWITCHCRT to work, maybe Etch has an old version of the driver.
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man4/radeon.4.html

Good luck.