Re: Recommend inexpensive MP3 player?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Reid Priedhorsky wrote:

I would like to get an MP3 player to use with my Lenny box. My specs are
few but perhaps odd:

I have a Sandisk e140, with 1 gb onboard, and uses up to a 2GB SD-card in the side. Shows up as two disks, no special software needed to copy mp3's and the like. Supports using it as a portable hard drive as well. I believe it's limited to 2GB maximum on the SD card though, as it's a standard FAT16 format.

Uses a single AAA battery, and that lasts something like 15 hours, also can be run off the USB port if you modify a cable to not have data pins, or use one of those wallplug to USB adapters.

It also has a cheap FM tuner built in.

Believe they're well under $100 nowadays, if they're still made.

Mike