Re: Need DTP to replace PageMaker

Kevin Mark wrote:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:25:09AM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:00:06AM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
Greetings;

I need a DTP program to functionally replace PageMaker.

I installed Scribus but it doesn't work on my system. I reported
the bug but after a few hours of activity I haven't heard anything
>from them for several days.
Are you using the old scribus package or the new scribus package
(scribus-ng, IIRC)?

Regards,

-Roberto

Makes no difference. Both versions get a floating point exception
at startup.
If you could provide the session showing the error message, we could
help more. I use 'script' to do this sometimes. Describing or
paraphrasing an error message is less helpful then actually seeing the
exact output.
-K
No big mystery there. "Session" follows

wix@dgwicks:~$ uname -a
Linux dgwicks 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 17:17:36 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
wix@dgwicks:~$ scribus-ng --help
Floating point exception
wix@dgwicks:~$

TIA!