Re: Emacs and accented characters

Il 12/04/2007 16:41, Xavier Manach ha scritto:

For initialize your coding in emacs :
add in your ~/.emacs file
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'utf-8)

Thanks, it helped, although it was only part of the problem: setting this option is enough when connecting from a Windows machine using PuTTy, but for emacs to work fine when connecting from OSX's Terminal I also have to deactivate the "Escape non-ASCII chars" option from Terminal's window preferences (which prevents me from entering 8-bit chars in Terminal anymore, locally... but I suppose you can't have it all :-P).

--
Ciao,
  Marco.