(root) AUTH (crontab command not allowed)

Hello,

I get always the error message
> (root) AUTH (crontab command not allowed)
in my logs. I interpret this that root is not allowed to run crontab.
But my cron.allow contains the root user:
> cat /etc/cron.allow
> root
So root should be allowed to run crontab, shouldn't it?

The rights on the files should be ok, I think:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root crontab /etc/cron.allow
> -rwxr-sr-x 1 root crontab /usr/bin/crontab
> drwx-wx--T 2 root crontab /var/spool/cron/crontabs/

In my opinion, I get the warning since I have installed checksecurity.
But tiger seems to work good and weekly. (I installed checksecurity at
the same time like tiger.)

I have read the manuals and searched for the problem in the net. But I
did not found an answer.

I am using cron version 3.0pl1-100 and Debian/Linux 4.0 AMD64.

What can I do to solve the problem?

Best regards

Kay