Re: ssh setup: what is the Debian way?

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 05:50:36PM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 07.04.07 20:26, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > Debian automagically starts ssh-agent somewhere along the chain of
> > events that bring up X and Gnome.  I don't reboot often, but when I
> > do, I forget to run ssh-add.  Where can I place an invocation of
> > ssh-add so that it is run once just after login? I think there must be
> > a Debianly correct answer. What is it?
>
> I would use ~/.xsession

Interesting idea, but

man Xsession contains:
"       $HOME/.Xsession
              is  a sequence of commands invoking X clients (or a session man-
              ager such as xsm(1x)).  See the manual  page  for  xinit  and/or
              /usr/share/doc/x11-common/examples/xsession  for tips on writing
              an .Xsession file.
"
and man xinit does not contain either the string 'xs' or 'Xs' so no info there,
and /usr/share/doc/x11-common/examples/ does not exits, so no info there.

This appears to me to be a bug in the documentation. Where should this page
point for examples?
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net