Re: Debian User List

Celejar wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:45:31 +0200
> Joe Hart <j.hart@orange.nl> wrote:

>> David E. Fox wrote:

>>> And they can't see those trite 'emoticons' either - the animated faces
>>> that jump up and down, blow their 'nose' when they're sad, that sort of
>>> thing. Cute maybe they are the first few times, but I wouldn't want my
>>> HD full of those things.
>>>

>> Perhaps this is the reason that the guidelines specify text only mail.
>> Personally, I don't mind a little HTML mail, but as you pointed out, the
>> emoticons are fun the first time you see it, but they get old very fast.
>>
>> <flamebait>
>> IMO, the same can be said for Compiz/Beryl.  They are quite impressive
>> when you first see them, and offer some productivity increases if you
>> know how to use them, but for the most part they just suck resources
>> from your machine and hurt the stability.
>> </flamebait>
>
> Just rememeber that some feel that way about DEs in general and KDE in
> particular.
>
> Celejar

Calejar, what kind of response it that.  I wanted some real mean
comments to come about how Beryl is the greatest thing ever to be
invented or something like that.  :)

You are of course right.  Like I have previously stated, I prefer KDE,
but what is right for me is not right for everyone else.  That is why
there are so many things to choose from.  I am not pushing KDE, or any
other DE on anyone, I only state my opinions.  I have to say, I spend
more time with Konsole than I do anything else, and I could probably do
with just about any WM just as well as I do with KDE, or perhaps I
should just dump all WMs and use mutt and links.  Whatever I decide, it
is my choice.  The freedom to take these decisions is the strong point
of GNU/Linux.

This of course is not appropriate to this thread, so I will stop
preaching how pleased I am that I got out of the Windows world.

Joe

- --