Re: Newbie = Networking Question?

On 04/07/2007 07:00 AM, Randy Patterson wrote:
> Thanks so much for your help Glen! It worked perfectly!

That's great! I am glad I could help.

Do you want to setup autofs now?

Autofs automatically mounts resources when you access them. It is
commonly used for CD, DVD and floppy drives. It is also used to
mount network shares. For example, on my home network, I wanted
to mount some shares on my fileserver, but I found that if I
rebooted the fileserver with an active mount, certain programs on
the client machine would lock up. Autofs has helped with this.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Automount-1.html#ss1.2

--
Glen