Re: mount via auto does not give write rights

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 20:11 +0200, Andreas Duffner wrote:
> Hi,
> having the following in my fstab
>
> /dev/hdb5  /mnt/Fat32Data  vfat   auto,users,exec,rw,umask=0 0 0
>
> it mounts when I start the system.
> But if I try to write, it does not allow so.
>
> If I just umount and mount again, it works.
> Why do I not have write rights with the automount ?

Change the line to read:

/dev/hdb5  /mnt/Fat32Data  vfat   default,users,rw 0 0

You shouldn't need "exec" on vfat, vfat is doesn't follow *NIX stuff at
all. That is unless you are doing wine or cedega or cross-over.

Of course, I could be full of bovine-scatology.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup