Re: how to read debian-user as newsgroup using Evolution

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:08:51 +0100, michael wrote:
> If I open Evolution, select preferences -> accounts, create a new a/c
> with
>
> servertype = USENET news
> server = news.demon.co.uk (demon is my ISP, see
> http://www.demon.net/helpdesk/technicallibrary/misc/news/)
>
> then when I click OK (having set my  SMTP etc) it sits there
> indefinitely saying "loading" and doesn't produce a lists of newsgroups

Okay.  That's your problem.  news.gmane.org is the ONLY server (that I'm
aware of) that has gmane.linux.debian.user available.  That's what I use
to read the mailing list as a newsgroup, and it works well.  At
news.gmane.org as a USENET news server in Evolution and you should be set.