OT: Linux or Cisco

Hello all,

I have started studying for CCNA using CBTNuggets.

Meanwhile I looked for options in the Linux world and there are exams from LPI and RedHat. I have some 2 years' Linux
experience but am equally interested in CCNA/networking. I understand that I can not have both at the same time. So please
advise what will be the right way to go.

I have a few months experience working on a router too, so router commands are easy for me to learn. I feel that in Linux
I will need to learn vast amounts instead of for CCNA.

Will I be able to get a job as a CCNA fresher sooner than I will as experienced Linux admin?

In SysAdmin, the problem getting a job nowadays seems the "extra things" employers want us to know (things like SAN/NAS
and more). Do I need to know similar things even after being a CCNA?

Will I get a job faster when I'm a CCNA than when I'm a Linux sysadmin?

I already get about 4 - 5 mails everyday for sysadmin/Linux/Solaris jobs. But most of these want a Solaris admin or want
me to know C/C++ or MySQL/PHP or Perl Scripting or Oracle which I do not know. Plain Linux Sysadmin jobs seem difficult to
be found!

I would try the LPI certification, not RHCE since LPI is vendor-independant.

If I try to give the LPI level 1 exams, most of the things I already know so there seems to be little to learn and I have
tried some LPI test exams and pass them without studying (only the level 1 exams).

For CCNA, there are so many new concepts. I am familiar with quite some of them already. I have studied before, about RIP,
OSPF and IGRP (from Unix System Administration book) so these will be easy to study again. Subnetting I am already
practising and I love to practise it more and more.

So, I see that I have equal amount of interest in CCNA concepts as in Linux. I listen to audiowhiz questions/answers when
not in front of the computer and enjoy it. I see that once a new concept I hear, I don't forget it.

Given these things, will I be able to complete studying CCNA in about 15 days?

My sole aim right now is GETTING a job and if there are more jobs for new/fresh CCNAs than experienced sysadmins, I will
go for CCNA. Since I am off-job right now. And salary is not a constraint.

I already have a few months hands on experience on routers and use boson's sim.

Please comment.
Regards,
CCNAStuff