Re: [OT] How much open is OpenSolaris?

Michael Pobega wrote:

From what I remember, OpenSolaris is distributed under the CDDL
license[0]. The license is actually written by Sun, and according to
the Wikipedia article "The [FSF] considers it a free license
incompatible with the GNU General Public License (GPL)". I guess this
means that although it is free, it isn't free under GPL standards
(What other licenses are, anyway? I believe BSD it, but I don't know
of any others).

AIUI, BSD is not compatible with GPL.

IANAL

Mike