Re: Debian User List

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 10:48:04PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> Most recently, how much of the heavy traffic on this list has had anything to
> do with Debian? With Linux? With computers?
>
> The price of bread, love or hate Wallmart or Sponge-Bob, Ubuntu or Dell (ok U
> is a Linux distro and Dell makes computers, but...) Endless threads filling
> my mailbox with irrelevance.
>
> Its fun to touch these things a bit but I think there are limits :-)

Did you know it's just as annoying how everytime this happens, someone
complains? And another enornous OT thread begins from that wiht people
arguing whether this is a got thing or not. *sigh*

Just learn how to put threads into a kill file for whatever mail client
you use and continue happy.

With mutt I need only two key strokes: One to add the subject to my kill
file and the other to delete the thread. Problem solved and people can
talk about whatever they want.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a