Re: A couple questions about gnome.

Alan Ianson wrote:

> When I select an odt (openoffice) file from gnome's Places -> Recent
> Documents menu an error window opens and says "could not find a sutable
> application". How can I configure gnome to use openoffice for .odt and
> other openoffice file formats?
>
> I had another question too, but I have forgotten what it was..  I'll have
> to post again later when I remember what it was.. :)
Hi Alan,
I don't use Gnome but I would guess that if you go into Nautilus (Gnome's
file manager) and right-click on some .odt file it will let you
associate .odt files to swriter in Openoffice. Whether that then extends to
Gnome's Places -> Recent, I couldn't tell you but my guess is that it
would.
cheers,
Jonathan