Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:39:40PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > Do you have a proposal for solving that problem?
>
>     Going back to a limited federal government as the founding fathers
> envisioned?  Returning the states' voice in the federal government?

hmmm... used to be the Senate was elected by the state
legislatures. Would you propose returning to that? (can't remember the
amendment number offhand) I don't think its a bad idea. Especially
when you look at current abuses of NG's and Reserves. Governors are
starting to complain about the lack of availability of their NG's and
wondering if they'll get their equipment back. A senate that answered
directly to states might have a profound impact on something like
that.

Revamping