Re: OT: sponge burning!

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:

>  I was just having this discussion the other day.  Legal killing is
>  *not* murder.

I know.  Let's ask the ACLU!  :-P

>  The thing is, I do not know if Germany ever passed a *law* saying
>  that it was legal to kill "undesirables", or if it was just "done".

For "mental defectives", yes they did, but it was couched (obfuscated)
in language that appeared reasonable to those who didn't look too
closely.

>  Even if it's not "murder", it's genocide, and that itself is
>  deserving of punishment.

>From The Devil's Dictionary (1881-1906) [devil]:

  HOMICIDE, n.  The slaying of one human being by another.  There are
  four kinds of homocide:  felonious, excusable, justifiable, and
  praiseworthy, but it makes no great difference to the person slain
  whether he fell by one kind or another -- the classification is for
  advantage of the lawyers.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html