Re: Re: Re: Getting started with Postgres or MySQL

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:10:27PM -0500, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> But you're coming from an angle where people know or must learn all of
> that just before they're able to even start.  Don't you see how not
> having to learn that is faster for some people?

Ever have to share the road with someone who just decided to start
driving without actually learning anything about it?  What if the vast
majority of the motorists on the road did that?  That is what we are
dealing with when people take that atitude.  It is setting back software
development as a profession and likely contributing significantly to
making the Internet as a whole a much less pleasant place to visit.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez