Re: How to prevent the console from going black ?

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 10:14:35AM +0100, Andre Majorel wrote:
> Is there a kernel boot parameter or /proc magic to disable the VGA
> console blanking ? (Equivalent of TIOCLINUX subcode 10 value 0 on
> all VT.)

Look at /etc/console-tools/config.
# screen blanking timeout.  monitor remains on, but the screen is
# cleared to range: 0-60 min (0==never)  kernels I've looked at default
# to 10 minutes. (see linux/drivers/char/console.c)
BLANK_TIME=10

--
Chris.
======