Re: Iceweasel or Konqueror + Kdm/Xorg turned into a cpu hog?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Lesley Binks wrote:
Hi

I have etch installed, regularly updated and running the KDE desktop environment.

Using either Konqueror or Iceweasel, I find that Xorg goes into overdrive when I access this page: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/login - reporting 92% usage on an Athlon XP 3200.

Closing the tab on that page immediately resolves the problem.

I'm wondering (a) if anyone else can repeat this and (b) why it's happening at all.
Can anyone shed some light?

Same here. Must be the page. I use FF3 Beta1 + Sid on an Athlon XP 2700.

Hugo

I find that the login screen for Blogger does similar things to my Sid FF2. (FF3 doesn't work properly with Blogspot; fer 'xample, the Blockquote button does nothing.)

--
Kent