Re: iceweasel / firefox segfault after lenny upgrade

On dec. 31, 02:10, Towncat <towncat.town...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On dec. 31, 00:30, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+deb...@icfo.es>
> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 03:46:02 -0800, Towncat wrote:
> > > As just said in a previous post, I am using lenny and lately upgraded
> > > it. Firefox/Iceweasel fails to start since then:
>
> > > towncat@murandy:~$ firefox
> > > /usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin: Symbol `SSL_ImplementedCiphers' has
> > > different size in shared object, consider re-linking
>
> > I see this message as well (Sid, iceweasel 2.0.0.11-1), but my iceweasel
> > seems to run normally otherwise. This is probably harmless.
>
> > > (gecko:14849): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font,
> > > expect ugly output. the offending font is 'DejaVu Serif 12.798828125'
> > > Segmentation fault
>
> > Try this:
>
> > $ export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO="true"
> > $ iceweasel -safe-mode
>
> > If it still does not work try the same from a pristine user account.
>
> > --
> > Regards,            |http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
> >           Florian   |
>
> > --
>
> Thanks, it did help. Actually, I didn't even need the -safe-mode
> switch.
>
> So what does (or does not, as the case is) pango do?
>
> Tc.
>
> --

OK, now iceweasel runs, but I realised that there is more to it,
something to do with fonts and pango. When I start non-kde
applications under kde, I get little squares instead of fonts.

The output is like this (for xsane, here):

xsane:9842): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font,
expect ugly output. the offending font is 'DejaVu Sans 10'

(xsane:9842): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font,
expect ugly output. the offending font is 'DejaVu Sans 12.5'

(xsane:9842): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output.
shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='DejaVu Sans 12.5', text='French
(Français)'

(xsane:9842): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_glyph_extents called
with null font argument, expect ugly output

(xsane:9842): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output.
shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='DejaVu Sans 10', text='XSane
változat: 0.995'

Ideas, anyone?