OOo window in fluxbox

Hello.  Whenever I open OpenOffice.org writer in my fluxbox setup, the
window opens with the OOo bar on the top frame, with the OOo menu
options (File, Edit, View, Insert, etc), rather than the window frame
with the minimize, maximize, and close options in the top right
corner.  To get the view of the top window frame, I need to pull it down
via the alt + mouse-drag, and then maximize.  Is there a way to set it
up so that it opens up with a correct view of the top frame being on
top, rather than hidden above out of sight?  It's only OOo (writer,
calc, etc) that does this.  Everything else opens fine, with the top
frame not hidden.

I'm using Etch 4.0 R1.

Mark