Re: compatibility problems

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 01:17:00PM -0800, Don Harwood wrote:

> hello world
>
> I'm a new convert to the debian linux world however I'm starting to get
> cold feet with compatibility issues, i just purchased a CNC mill that is
> run by a amd64 box with debian linux, i also just had a new box built for
> me to do my cad/cam work on. figuring that since one box is linux why not
> both [not to mention that i hate windows].  my new box is an amd64 dual
> core with a high end graphics card, nice box!
>
> my trouble starts with the key board, i got a new logitech wireless wave
> usb keyboard, will it work?  the logitech people simply say they don't
> support linux, no help there. should i get an old fashion ps2 keyboard?

Theoretically it should, but some the special functions might be
missing.

> the next troubling thing i got was when i called at&t to get dsl service,
> they also say they don't support linux. what can be done with this?

If the DSL modem they provide connects through an ethernet port then you
should have no problems. My modem handles all the connection stuff and
even has an integrated firewall. Ironically it is probably running on
linux itself.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)