Aptitude's reintall

Hi,

Aptitude users's manual explains the reinstall menú command as follows:

> Reinstalls the package.
>
> Note that the reinstallation will not be saved when you quit aptitude or
> perform an install run for technical reasons. (essentially, the underlying
> software layers (dpkg and apt) do not provide any way to find out whether
> a reinstallation was successful or not).

I'm not sure what does it mean with "will not be saved when you...". Is
it that there will be no way to know that the package was reinstalled or
that the action will be executed immediately and not when I press g? Or
maybe something else.

Thank you.

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."