Re: Using wdm how to pass "-- -logverbose 6" to startx?

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 19:10:58 +0000, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My displaymanager is wdm on Debian Etch system.
>
> Because my X Window crashes frequently
> (nvidia driver woth GeForce 7600 GT card and Intel Core 2 Duo CPU),
> I must to investigate the reason.
>
> I must to start X Window with:
> startx -- -logverbose 6
>
> but can't. I can only start X with wdm.
>
> But then how can I pass the parameter to startx?

The entries to define the Xserver(s) are in /etc/X11/wdm/Xservers. You
can add the "-logverbose 6" server option to the end of this line (the
last one of the file):

:0 local /usr/bin/X11/X -nolisten TCP

Then restart wdm.

I agree with Andrew, though: I think it is better to try getting it to
work with startx first.

          Florian   |