Re: Using wdm how to pass "-- -logverbose 6" to startx?

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 07:10:58PM +0000, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My displaymanager is wdm on Debian Etch system.
>
> Because my X Window crashes frequently
> (nvidia driver woth GeForce 7600 GT card and Intel Core 2 Duo CPU),
> I must to investigate the reason.
>
> I must to start X Window with:
> startx -- -logverbose 6
>
> but can't. I can only start X with wdm.

I'm sure there is a way to do this in wdm, but since I don't use it, I
can't comment specifically on that.

> But then how can I pass the parameter to startx?

why not just disable wdm for the moment and use startx directly?

update-rc.d -f wdm remove

as root should do it, then you can just log in to a VT and startx from
there.