MD5sum issues for CD-ROM

Hello.  I was hoping to create a CD-ROM of both Debian's non-free and
multimedia repositories.  Via debmirror, I downloaded the non-free
repository.  I then burned this to disk, but, upon trying to add the
CD-ROM to my sources.list via "apt-cdrom add", I received MD5sum not
found errors. The CD-ROM contains the files Release, Packages,
Packages.gz, and Packages.bz2, in the /dists/etch/non-free/binary-i386/
directory.  Perhaps this is in the wrong directory.  The Packages file
contains the MD5sum numbers.  The errors it gives are all similar to
the example below:

mark@debian:~$ su
Password:
debian:/home/mark# apt-cdrom add
Using CD-ROM mount point /cdrom/
Unmounting CD-ROM
Waiting for disc...
Please insert a Disc in the drive and press enter
Mounting CD-ROM...
Identifying.. [be6b5615bc67ca000eab4ed052ab1b4f-2]
Scanning disc for index files..
Found 1 package indexes, 0 source indexes and 1 signatures
Please provide a name for this Disc, such as ‘Debian 2.1r1 Disk 1’:
Debian 4.0r1 non-free

E: Unable to determine the file size - fstat (9 Bad file descriptor)
W: MD5 mismatch for: non-free/debian-installer/binary-ia64/Packages
E: Could not open
file /cdrom/dists/etch/non-free/debian-installer/binary-ia64/Packages.bz2
- open (2 No such file or directory)

etc.  The errors mostly centre on the debian-installer file, and
various other architectures besides i386.  I put in this file
(debian-installer), with the packages files, but still it did not work.

So, is it possible to have non-free and multimedia repositories on
CD-ROM for apt and/or aptitude, or is this only possible via the
internet?

Mark