Re: locked screen

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 03:58:05PM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> My login started with the locked screen again recently, and I'm not sure why.
> The other login doesn't do that, you can do the CTRL-ALT-F8 to the other
> login, and get right to the desktop. When you go from that one to mine (
> CTRL-ALT-F7) OR you go away from the monitor for a while, it gets you to a
> login screen with these options:
> Leave Message- Switch User- Cancel - Unlock
> I've never seen this screen on the other login, and they are setup identically
> ( by me). My screensaver is turned OFF, and it doesn't have a password for
> the screensaver.
> any clues?

What is the output of `aptitude search "~Gx11::screensaver~i"
gnome-screensaver` ? You may have another screensaver program beyond
your regular one (I'm assuming GNOME) active.

If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
restrict the use of these programs.
 - Richard Stallman