Re: How to install subsequent kernel than linux-image-2.6.18 on debian way?

s. keeling writes:
>  - Run a hybrid system, etch with lenny/sid(?) apps in parallel.  Not
>    recommended for noobs, and I'm not sure it's possible with
>    something as fundamental as the kernel.

It almost certainly would work fine.  Not many things depend on a
particular kernel version.  Applications talk to libc, not the kernel.

>  - Go to kernel.org and get the sources and build your own outside the
>  packaging system.

Or go to kernel.org and get the sources and use kernel-package to build
your own inside the packaging system, or else just use the Debian source
package.
--
John Hasler