Re: JRE in Iceweasel

Curt Howland wrote:
After reinstalling everything that I can think of, I tried to use an IRC client supplied by a web site, a Java applet. It worked just fine in Iceweasel before the rebuild, but now it comes with "plug-in not found, Java JRE."

I've put in every Java/JRE package that I find in the archives, but it still comes up. Of course, there isn't any automatic FireFox plug-in.

Try making a symlink to one of the JRE's javaplugins, as below:

westk[@novie]:/usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins:> ls -lh
total 6.8M
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6.8M Jul 17 20:27 libflashplayer.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 59 Jul 17 20:30 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/local/jre1.6.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

In my case, the command "ln -s /usr/local/jre1.6.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins" did the job. Your command will depend on where your real JRE plugin can be found.

--
Kent