Re: wifi network connection

On 12/25/07, Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon December 24 2007 2:43 am, hce wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am doing an experiment to set up a home wifi network. The setup is
> > descripbed as follows:
> [snip]
> > The wifi local LAN IP address  to
> [snip]
> > I have another desktop connect tot he wifi LAN via udhcpc, it gets the
> > ip address from DHCP server of wifi route. On the
> > desktop, the nameserver in resolv.conf sets to and default
> > gw sets to But, the desktop could not connect to the
> > internet. Any help what I was missing?
> Since the wifi router is on shouldn't the DHCP network be on
> the same IP range and the DHCP clients getting IP : as both
> gateway and nameserver ?

Sorry, it was my mistake, the local wifi route IP addres =  I guess, the problem may be due to missing some services
in my Debian laptop, should I run the DHCP server on the Debian

I actually tried to connect the local wifi route (with same set up
above) to a friend's ADSL modem which also sets the local LAN address
to And, it works fine. It seems that the ADSL modem has
more proper setting than my Debian laptop.

Thank you.