Re: Changing packages

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:52:47 +0000
Rui Manuel Martins <rmartins16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Raquel wrote:

> >> A base isntall isn't so basic, it does install lost of stuff you
> >> don't need. But, beats nothing, that's what i usually do.
> >>
> >> However, if you want to personalize an installation (and learn
> >> something) i'd recomend the Linux From Scratch projects.
> >>

> > I guess that depends upon your goal for the installation.  If I
> > want a server that runs, or I need a desktop tomorrow, I won't
> > install LFS.  I need to spend my time being productive rather
> > than leaning from LFS.  But, that's just me.
> >

> So what you recommend Raquel?

I assume you meant to respond to the list (with perhaps a CC: to me),
so I'm returning this to the list.

Like I said, it depends on what your end goal is. I just installed
Etch on 2 new servers.  I did a base install, NOT a "standard"
install.  Once the base install was finished I began adding the
packages that I wanted on the servers.

--
Raquel
Power without love is reckless and abusive and love without power is