need help on getting CD-Writer working in etch

I attach a CD-Writer(hdb) after installing etch on hda

According to /usr/share/doc/wodim/README.ATAPI.setup:

"If you have just one CD writer in your computer, CD-writing should
work out of the box. There should be a symbolic link /dev/cdrw which
points to your actual CD-Writer's device (e. g. /dev/hdb). If the link
is not present (eg.  the system is not using udev/devfs) or if you want
to use a different device as default, you can configure the device in
/etc/wodim.conf:

  CDR_DEVICE=/dev/hdd"

Surely it isn't that simple.

If I attach CD-Writer before installing etch, maybe it will be
configured correctly.

During boot, I see CD-Writer detected as hdb, I know it should be
ignored and use scsi-emulation. I just don't know how to do it.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs