Re: concatenating pdf files

ISHWAR RATTAN wrote:

> I have scanned related pages of a document as jpeg
> (limitation of software), converted to pdf using
> imagemagick::convert. Now is there a way to concatenate
> the pdf files (or jpeg files and then conver to pdf)
> to collect the complete document.

To combine pdf files use pdftk.
pdftk in1.pdf in2.pdf cat output out1.pdf

To combine eps files use psmerge.
psmerge -ocombined.eps file1.eps file2.eps file3.eps file4.eps

More info can be found in their man pages.

Depending on the sizes of these pdf/eps/ps files, you can also open up a
word processor (oowriter or texmacs), insert these files and then export
the resultant file into a .pdf file. This works well if the files are small
or if multiple images can be fit into a single page etc.,

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi