Re: pdftk in Lenny

On 2007-12-22 00:05 +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2007-12-21 23:41 +0100, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> > Sven Joachim wrote:
> > > Or install the version from unstable, which should just work fine
> > > (assuming Sjoerd does not have an alpha machine).
> >
> > Hm, I tried 'aptitude -t unstable install pdftk' which gets stuck on
> > the same message.  :-.
>
> Could you elaborate on that?  Version 1.41-2 of pdftk depends on
> libgcj8-1 on most architectures, including i386, amd64 and powerpc.
> What is the exact output from aptitude

Sh**.... my fault. Before doing an 'aptitude -t unstable install pdftk',
I forgot to add unstable to /etc/apt/sources.list and do an 'aptitude
update'.
That's why it produced exactly the same message as 'aptitude install
pdftk'.

pdftk is now working fine in Lenny.
Thanks!

> and which architecture do you use?

$ uname -m
i686

> > But it's good to hear that it will be back in Lenny one day.  :-)
>
> Which may be months away, though. :-(

Well, when I did need it, I could reboot into etch which I've still got,
and where it works fine.
Since I used it only now and then, that was just a minor annoyance.