Can't find newly added fonts in 'xfontsel'

Hi All:

I created a folder /usr/share/fonts/X11/myfonts where to save the my added fonts. After mkfontscale, mkfontdir operations, the fonts are available to most of applications I use.

However, I can't find it in "xfontsel" until I manually add the fontpath by the command:
$ xset +fp /usr/share/fonts/X11/myfonts

Actually, I have added the folder into the font search list by configuring the following two conf files:
1)  /etc/fonts/fonts.conf:
 <!-- Font directory list -->
       <dir>/usr/share/fonts/X11/myfonts</dir>
2) /etc/X11/fs/config
  # paths to search for fonts
  catalogue = /usr/share/fonts/X11/myfonts/,

But it seems doesn't work adding the font path automatically. When the system is rebooted, I have to manually add the fontpath by "xset +fp" command to make the font path available to "xfontsel".

Any one have idea about it?

Thanks a lot!
-Michael.