Re: [OT] JavaScript with socket function

On Dec 20, 2007 1:06 PM, Misko <asdrtg-mlist@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I am trying to write some JavaScript function in web page
> that can fetch other web page from internet, store it in
> variable, parse and present some extracted data from that
> other page. I just do not know how to fetch other page.
> I guess I am looking for some kind of socket
> function in JavaScript (like fsockopen() in PHP).
> Is there such thing?

Search for XMLHttpRequest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequest
You might want to use it to retrieve HTTP(S) documents (can be XML).

I think you cannot open pages that are not hosted in the same host
the original page (the one with the JS code) is. (I am not sure now).

Regards,
Nelson.'

--
http://arhuaco.org