Re: How do I set up sudo..

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 07:13:03PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 02:33:17PM -0800, Alou Dialy wrote:
> > ...so that I can use ANY command with it. I tried
> > ALL=(ALL) ALL but there are still many things that I
> > cannot do with sudo.
> >

> >       ____________________________________________________________________________________
> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
> > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
> >

> Shouldn't it be
>
> user ALL=(ALL) ALL
>
> --
> If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
> programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
> restrict the use of these programs.
>  - Richard Stallman

In my opinion, you should only use sudo for the few commands that are
necessary to do work on your computer.  The key word is "few".  If you
want to run all command available, then su to root or login as root.
Running any command with root privileges, as I think you want to do, is
a potential security risk.  If nothing else, you will be susceptible to
the late-nite blunders.

----
Just my 2 cents worth...
Alexander J. M.
Linux 2.6.18-5-686 #1 SMP Wed Oct 3 00:12:50 UTC 2007 i686